Recover pictures from corrupt memory card
Memory cards are portable external YSB storage devices. They come in variety of different shapes and sizes depending on their capacity to hold data and files. On ground basis, all portable storage media are crafted in a way that all of them have a slot to store large amount of data. Slowly with the advent in technology, Memory cards completely replaced floppy disks because of their portable size and large storage capacity, which cannot be used in smaller handheld devices. Memory cards are widely used in digital cameras, video camcorders or video consoles, mobile phones, tablets, iPods, MP3 players, PSP's etc. The information stored on the memory card can be accessed on our computer by using card reader. Memory card uses flash technology to store data and hence are also known as flash card or flash memory card. At present, most of the professional high definition still cameras and DSLR's uses memory cards to store large number of photos. Therefore, flash memory cards are much famous in the field of digital photography.
You can treasure or save your photo files in your personal computer or in any other storage devices that includes external hard drive, pen drives, memory sticks etc. Generally people store images in their personal computer with Mac OS as it provides a crystal clear view of images and it offers a built-in tool called iPhoto that is used to manipulate all the photo files. As memory card use NAND flash technology, and are also used by different people on different devices, therefore they are not prone to physical damages. Sometimes they may also encounter some logical errors which results in loss of digital data.
There are innumerable reasons behind corruption of images or data loss in memory cards. Some common scenarios includes:
- Unaware or inadvertent deletion of photos by pressing command + shift + delete key combination or formatting the memory card and abruptly turning off the local machine leads to severe data loss situations. But now one can recover deleted photos from system's HDD or external storage media easily using the Photo recovery toolkit.
- Data file loss can also take place if you transfer or copy photos from one storage medium to another. Like instead of selecting the "Paste" option you may unintentionally select the "Delete" option. This further results into indirect loss of photo and other media files.
- Virus infection is the most serious issue as they even corrupt or damage the entire storage media and completely destroy all the files and folders.
- Another reason behind loss of photo files can be catalog files corruption.
- Continuously capturing snaps (photos) when camera is on low battery may lead to sudden loss of that captured photo.
- Usage of same memory card in different digital devices can also be the cause of data loss as there always exists chances of virus / malware attacks.
Whatever be the reason behind corruption of images in flash memory card, Macintosh picture recovery utility will always help you to undelete all deleted, lost or corrupted or damaged files. Mac Photo Recovery is an effective recovery software, which can recover photo with file extension JPG, PNG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF etc. It also helps you to restore photos from memory stick and different types of memory cards like SDXC, SDHC, SD, CF, MMC and XD memory cards. This application support all major brands of digital cameras like Samsung, Minolta, Canon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Sony, Casio, Nikon etc. Apart from all this, user can retrieve deleted photos from hard disk in very less span of time.
Steps to recover deleted pictures from corrupted memory card:
Step 1: Download and install the demo version of Mac Photo Recovery. Run the software. The main window will be displayed as shown in Fig (1).
Step 2: Select the volume or storage device from which the data needs to be recovered as shown in Fig (2). One can also select their external drive from the list after connecting it to their local machine. Glimpse on the external HDD data loss scenario can be found on the page: http://www.macphotorecovery.net/for-external-drive.html.
Step 3: Select the file types and click on “Recover” button shown in Fig (3). The software starts scanning volumes.
Step 4: Once the photo recovery software finishes scanning, the recovered files will be displayed shown in Fig (4).
Step 5: Click on ‘View’ option to preview the recovered files as shown in Fig (5).